What would you like help with?
For best results enter one or two keywords related to what you are looking for
How do I transfer my contacts?
Transferring contacts to an Apple device
You can transfer information from your current device to your iPhone or iPad, even if you're coming to Apple from Android, BlackBerry or Windows.
Follow the steps below to back up your messages, email accounts, photos, notes, and other personal settings, and restore the backup to your iPhone.
- Use the PC software for your current device to copy your content to your PC. The manufacturer's website should help if you need it.
- Backup your contacts and calendar appointments to a Google account or Hotmail or Exchange for business.
- Insert your 1pMobile SIM into your iPhone.
- Download the latest version of iTunes to your PC from apple.com/itunes
- Turn on your new iPhone and complete the setup by selecting your language and country, and choose whether to enable Location Services.
- When asked, choose your Wi-Fi (WiFi) network. If you don't have a WiFi connection, you can tap Connect to iTunes.
- 7. When prompted to set up your device, select Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your old device). iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set up as new. Select the backup of your old device and choose Continue.
- Find out how to add your Gmail or hotmail account to your iPhone or iPad.
Transferring contacts to an Android device
- On your old phone, ensure your contacts are copied to your SIM card or memory card.
- On your Android handset, navigate to your Contacts application.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Select Manage contacts and/or Import/Export.
- Choose from available options (Import from storage, Import from SD card, Import from SIM card).
- Choose where to save contacts to (e.g. sync with email account or save to phone).
- Import will then begin automatically and will display how many contacts have been completed.
Transferring contacts to a Windows device
- On your old phone, ensure your contacts are copied to your SIM card.
- On Start, swipe across and tap People.
- Tap the menu button (3 dots) and then tap Settings.
- Tap Import SIM contacts.
- Once the contacts come in, the button will be dimmed.
Transferring contacts, files and media from a BlackBerry device
- Download Blackberry Link onto your computer.
- Connect your old device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Follow the steps provided on the BlackBerry Link screen.
- For BlackBerry smartphone users with BlackBerry 7 OS and later, you can switch devices using your media card.
- On your old device, tap Search and type "Device Switch".
- If you are running BlackBerry 7.0 or later, Setup will appear in the search results.
- Click Setup > Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data and select Continue.
- When all your content is saved to a backup file, remove the media card and insert it in your new BlackBerry 10 device.
- When the screen shown on the left appears on your BlackBerry 10 device, type in your backup file password and items will begin to transfer to your new device.